Role Of Background Verification in Corporates

Friends, This is my fist blog, I hope you will surely found it interesting. This is about the importance of Background Verification in Corporate World.

When I was selected for a first job in a company, I had to give the scan copies of all my personal and educational documents. I got irritated seeing HR team asking end number of documents, filling up several forms, end less joining formalities at the time of joining. Even it did not end, it went for a month minimum. 
Later, I joined another company, my problem increased as in my bucket I had to submit my previous employment documents too. The HRs again started asking all my personal/ educational and employment docs, my health history, my family history, in short they were trying to take all the information since my birth to till date. I used to think why there is no any system where the companies are interlinked and check the verification status of the candidate. Why to trouble candidates every time while joining a new company?

As the time passed, my experience and maturity level has increased. Now today I got an opportunity to write on a topic, the very first second this topic came to my mind as this is the one where I have struggled a lot.

Friends, the definition of a company says it is a legal entity made up of an association of people for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise. Company members share a common purpose, and unite in order to focus their various talents and organize their collectively available skills or resources to achieve specific, declared goals. All companies are run by people.

Now the question comes how will a company found whom to recruit or whom to not. They have their own selection process and the people matching with their reqirements and criterias are hired by them. After hiring the employees, the first thing comes- BGV- Back ground verification. The duration of this process varies from company to company. Some liberal companies take one month of time and some companies take 3 to 4 months of time for verify its employees after hiring. 

You must be thinking why this much time is required ? You should make a note, the required documents submitted by a employee is- Personal details and documents like Govt id proof, photo and few important details like father's name, Date of Birth etc. Educational details- College start time and end time and documents- mark sheets and certificates, Employment details- Previous Company name, manager name, offer letter, experience letter, pay slips, bank statements, form 16. A company verifies all these details provided by the candidate/employee before making him a permanent employee in the system. As the list is too long, hence, it takes much time as this is mostly done by third party and their feedback provided for the particular employee. 

The background investigation is an essential part of the hiring process. It is a tool that helps company to identify its employees. Suppose, if it is not there, there are chances that undeserving candidates will be hired. Hence, it plays an important role in the companies. No any company will be successful without it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog